Planning of a 70 meters high tower, replanned by Peter Pelikan for 35 metres heigth
Re-Planning by Peter Pelikan, 2006
The seventy-metre tower was planned for various uses: as a planetarium, a cinema, a commercial space and as an exhibition space, where the concept and philosophy of the Kuchlbauer Brewery should be represented.
Due to unfortunate refusal from the Bavarian department for the protection of historical heritage (Bayerisches Landesamt für Denkmalschutz) this tower project had to be reduced after Hundertwasser's death to 35 metre height. This minimized project was planned by Architect Peter Pelikan. Construction started in 2007, inauguration took place in April 2010.
- R. Schediwy, Hundertwassers Häuser, Vienna, 1999, p. 246
- A. C. Fürst, Hundertwasser 1928-2000, Catalogue Raisonné, Cologne, 2002, Vol. II, p. 1314
- Hundertwasser Architektur, Cologne, 2006, pp. 288-289 (c), 314
- Der Kuchlbauer und sein Turm, Abensberg, 2010 (c) (adaptation by Peter Pelikan)
- KunstHausAbensberg, Abensberg, 2014, p. 119 (and draft on Pelikan plan) (b, c)